Dec 19, 2009

day 37...erecting a statue of myself



Day 37... and today my task was "erect a statue of yourself in public" And as you will see below .. this i did. Ive seen this task coming for a while and had no idea how to go about it, i mean im not a man with access to cement or marble or anything similar..then as a massive stroke of luck fell my way. It snowed the last couple of days.. perfect i thought an oppertunity for me to complete the task without purchasing heavy and pricey stones or using my massively insuficient sculpting ability.


Here we see  the result of a good hard slog.. a tribute erected unto myself in elbow grease and snow it truly was a lbour of love. (with plaq incase some bafoon with no eye for fine art  didnt realise it was me)

Notice the striking resemblence... the little squinty , often blood shot eyes the spikey hair (when not shaved) the cool tie... its a pencil tie incase your wondering ..a pineapple leaf no less.. i think youll agree i look nothing short of dashing in it.


What happened next was as hillarious as it wasunexpected.. an incredibly drunk fellow having a good old sway stopped to admire my snowman as i was adding the finishing touches, he had a good chuckle about it..then he said "eer put this in his mouth" put out the cigarette he was smoking by dipping it in the snow, and handed it to me, so as you can see i included it within my statue..the drunk was massively amused. Tho this makes it an inacurate representation i think youll agree it looks frikkin hillarious.


I thought well as he has a cigarette, may aswell go the whole hog, give him a rock n roll makeover, so i took the aviators that were keeping the snow and wind out of my poor eyes, and plonked them on my graven images face.


While i had a statue of myself carved in snow and carrot may aswell get a festive photo thought i , so i got my reindeer/serial killer mask out and popped this amazing santa hat on mini mike's head. Ideal, now that would make an imense christmas card  for years to come.people wont be able to tell which is the real mike. maybe the fag will be the give away.

The finished article.. in all his/ my glory. I know i really have outdone myself, im expecting a call from the arts council anytime now, no doubt upon seing this i will be asked to take on commisions worldwide.

Statue erected.
mission complete

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment