Dec 21, 2009

day 39... switching my appendix on




day 39..."Switch on your appendix today"  benrik gave a reason for this task, i interpret the reason thusly.. the appendix is often thought of as a vestigial organ, a part of the body no longer in use due to evolution, however, if we take on the evolution explanation, it stands to reason it could also be an organ that has yet to come into use, one that could when working hold the key to all sorts of new abilities..like telepathy, teleporting and the ability to apply anything to the eye without opening the mouth (for women).


a worrying task, but one that had to be done.. benrik asked me to rouse my appendix from its apparent kip, to be able to feel it really working, in the name of obedience i took the task on, However i didnt really want the way my (to my knowledge) perfectly heallthy appendix to have the way it works altered for the worse. There were 4 differing levels of severity with which the book wanted me to atempt to disturb my appendix from its slumber...







step 1. Strap your mobile over the top of your appendix for a long period.. this i did as you will see below. It did feel a little wierd after a while, but nothing i could be sure was appendix related.




Step 2. keep your appendix next to a microwave door (while cooking) on max power for a prolonged period..so i did, however i narowly avoided a catastrophy. I did the mobile phone step first (battery facing outwards)and forgot to unstrap the mobile from myself before cooking began.. now this may not have caused an explosion (though it's possible) but at very least i was recieveing a nice mix of 2 sets of stuff that certainly wernt of benefit to my appendix. This surely would cause some twinges that would tell me my appendix was working overtime....

Step 3. This was in 2 parts and was a last ditch effort to get my appendix to give me some signs of life before remedial action (task 4) was called for..the third step "hot and cold therapy" consisted of me applying hot and cold alternately to the skin covering the appendix, i did this with a bag of frozen peas (5 mins)...




And a hot water bottle (5 mins) this was repeated several times while i watched a dvd... and i to a mix of alarm and relief felt a definate difference in how things felt in that region, nothing hardcore but if i had to describe the feeling id say more urgent.. my appendix at least for a short time was definately there and at work.. i could feel it.

Thank goodness the nightmare that was Step 4. was not neccesary, Firstly in all honesty and for sensible reasons im not sure i could have done it, and secondly im not convinced the makers of the book actually required it of me...Step 4 would have been "accupuncture" if the previous 3 steps had failed i was to precure an accupuncture needle, and attempt to insert it at the appendix..and nudge it at different angles until i got a definite reaction.

At worst this could have resulted in a rupture if i guessed right, or a christmas in hospital if guessed right ot wrong.

Well i did it.. my appendix let me know it was present.. i now feel decidedly ruff, but am almost sure the 2 things are not related...



mission complete, and i have a new found respect for my appendix.

No comments:

Post a Comment