Feb 2, 2010

day 70 boycott day


not today my friends
take it whichever way your want
well its true
fact
day 70 boycott day so today benrik asked me to boycott something thats never been botcotted before after a long think i decided that today rather than failing to spell check and using punctuation incorrectly i would boycott punctuation all together it took me a while to reach this decision i considered what to boycott long and hard i started with a massive group of possible things to shun for the day this list included  gravity shadows  monsters and of course punctuation while the others  as theories tickled me a great deal i realised there was a definate flaw to them the flaws being that monsters dont exist and so the  boycott  was largely down to them and would in reality be their boycott of real life now the other 2  id love to imagine  control over that by pure force of will i could cause shadows to cease but im not convinced my refusal to entertain them for the day would result in their abolition and gravity in reality has hold of me right now even if i was in space where there is zero gravity the laws  are still what would  dictate my floatyness and so punctuation it is today i didnt read  for an hour as i usually would as i didnt want the plague of  punctuation to infiltrate my ban the mere sight of a comma or a full stop would be enough to send me into an anarchic rage today id be incandesant i tell you so after not reading i had to choose carefully my viewing i rented 5 films yesterday on that wonderfull 5 films for 5 quid deal blockbuster are cracking off i was really looking forward to watching one in particular today i realised in the nick of time that the subtitles that were bound to be on the foreign film would undermine my valiant attempt at temporary non conformity with punctuation i watched a british film instead i thought as is natural when actively boycotting something some sort of demonstration might be in order so this i did granted it took place in my house as i couldnt risk an attack of semi colons from an unsuspected source but a demonstration it was none the less you should see a photo or photos above refusing to see speak or use punctuation for a day is a lot harder than it sounds i couldnt risk finding out the proper doseage of medecine and so a gulp with gestimate had to surfice i boycotted my chosen nemesis all day today finishing up with this blog you wouldnt believe how hard it is not to punctuate at some stages of a written piece i encourage you to give it a try being a little ocd  and terrible with punctuation anyway i started to worry while typing this blog as to whether the spaces between these words are in fact punctuation and also if the radio ive had on as a safe option all day has in fact been comprimising my stand against punctuation sneakily all day with pauses and changes of tone i decided id let myself off and stop thinking about it this my other worry is that this is only marinally worse than my usual punctuation well done to anyone who makes it all the way through this please let me know via comment if you do puntuation boycotted

1 comment:

  1. made it all the way through but you know my thoughts on this already...grrrr!

    ReplyDelete