Feb 9, 2010

day 77... saving the planet

day 77... And today i was to "save the planet at any cost" The book wanted me to  interfere in peoples lives and with their stuff, in the hope that by the end of the day i would have made just a little difference to planets well being.

Rightly or wrongly i get vexed by the amount of what i reguard as climate change  scare mongering in the media these days, this is a view all around me know i hold, which as you may imagine made it hard to suddenly switch perspective on the issue and start giving people lectures.

However as agreed i went through the day, mind on the plight of our planet, buying into every gloomy prediction on ice caps, species dying out by a certain year  and taking government advice on what i could do to help as my war cry i went about causing people minor inconvenience all day long.

I turned heating down a few notches

I turned off unwatched t.v's
I switched off unused computers
I hung up my mobile during a call, as i was worried what damage the we jointly were causing the earth.
I underlined the benefits to the planet of  using roll on instead of aerosol
I put a sign up in public toilets asking people only to flush when neccesary.

And for the first time as far as i remember .. i recycled.

So i tried my best to save the world all day, id love to say it felt great, that my thoughts on climate change have altered, however what happened today was i felt like what i think of people who bang on about recycling, energy conservation etc.

world saved .. maybe not
done.

No comments:

Post a Comment