Nov 26, 2009

day 15.... cheese and nightmares!!




Day 15....." Does cheese really give you nightmares? " today benrik invited me to choose from a list of cheeses, and to consume 100 grams in one sitting, (preferably close-ish to bed time) ... the idea being to test the theory that cheese or at least certain cheeses  cause nightmares..... and to record my dreams.

THE LIST:-
danish blue
gorgonzola
gruyere
parmesan
stilton
brie
emmental
rocquefort

I went for a very naughty 100g of danish blue, if your going to scran that much cheese.. may aswell make an event of it right?, So i got my  blue, grabbed a fork and began mastercation.. im not going to lie, as much as i like blue cheese knocking an unacompanied block of the stuff straight back really wasn't a plaesurable experience.

 A few hours later i settled down to a good nights kip, wondering what my dreams would hold, did dairy really bring out the monsters?   The result:- Yes i did have a nightmare, tho of course i have no way of knowing or proving that the danish blue i consumed was the cause thereof.

The nightmare tho i wont be graphic  (ive made my own account of it) involved moider..I awoke during the night in a right sweat and with a pounding heart....My dread turned to jubilation when the haze cleared , and i realised id just taken part in some odd sort of scientific experiment. The dream provoked a question tho, do different cheeses inspire different nightmares?

Conclusion:- I cant say for scientific fact wether or not cheese causes bad dreams, But i can tell you that the thought of devouring that much cheese in one go again gives me the chills. (for the record i believe the cheese was the cause of my homicide based dreamings)

mission completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment