Dec 28, 2009

day 44... petitioning celine dion



day 44.. and today i was asked to "lobby celine dion to sing about me". I almost cant contain my excitement when i think of celine stood up there on stage in ceasers palace, busting out "think twice" and "my heart will go on" and following those crowd pleasers with a sonnet owed to mike shotton.. so while admitedly im not really expecting a reply, or a song to be crafted, just the thought of her seing my request fills me with glee.. yes glee!

I had to do a little celine research, i was aware of the 2 songs mentioned above and a few more besides, and have always been of the opinion she's more than a little cack , but if im asking the woman to sing about me i'd have to come across like a creepy hardcore celine fan, Research done i set out to write the requested and all important letter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dearest Celine,
I am your biggest fan, and thought the time had come for me after all these years to finally make contact.

I remember with heart a flutter the day in 1994 that I first heard think twice” rasping from my T.V, that fateful day was the start of a fascination that continues to this day for me.

In 1996 I went as far as learning French to better understand the lyrics In “du soleil au Coeur and incognito). There is something almost magical about those early albums in your native tongue. I have read and re-read your autobiography more times than I should admit.


My reasons for writing today are two fold, firstly to let you know, that in my humble opinion you are greatest artist of the last 50 years, and secondly to plead with you just one night in your long running Las Vegas show to sing about me.
Now I realise this is a big ask, but I am as I have stated a HUGE fan, and it would be a dream come true for me.

I am aware it would be hard for you or your writers to find time to write a whole song.. So in the interest of saving some of your time I will leave you some ideas, in the hopes they get you started: -

“His name is mike, he rides a bike, he lives in the northeast, he is such a wild beast”
Hope that’s of some help to you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours adoringly

Mike shotton

p.s: should my song become a worldwide hit I ask for nothing but recognition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you are now aware i petitioned celine dion in the creepiest way i could possibly muster. Wether she chooses to use me as inspiration for a song or not, she is now at very least aware of my feigned admiration.

celine petitioned
task completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment