Dec 29, 2009

day 45...opting out of the internet (for a day) with suprising results.

 day 45... "today opt out of the internet" Like many people i go onto the internet with a few things i absoloutley need to do, then end up getting side tracked into watching and doing all  kinds of pointless and cack  on here..  So when i saw today's task i was interested as to what i could make time for if i dint allow the internet toswallow me up for a while.
To my infinate suprise I got so much more  done in my leisure time, that i  was almost convinced to sack the computer off for good, or at least a good while... and had i not pledged to to task all year i might have, However theyre are at least 300 days tilll thats possible.

The activities ignoring the internet allowed me time to do participate in for longer periods  are as follows:-

I got through more than a couple of chapters of both of my christmas books, cameron on cameron ( pictured above) and in cold blood (capote's classic.).. i finally got round to buying it...and i am not disapointed.


Found a lot more time to exercise than the usual pityfull half hour or so, i got the gloves on , kept in mind things that bother me (people who read in coffee shops, use laptops on the train, boro becoming a mid table championship team, and other things i wont mention here) and wellied away for a good long while, i even nutted it a couple of times.. that didnt feel great, but it always seems the most apropriate way to end a barage of punches.





Went for a long walk in a (ice laiden and deadly) winter wonderland... i did this in running spikes , After days of undignified near falls, I realised said spikes would keep me vertical..i had  a sort of isaac newton moment while watching my cat walk alongside me ,seemingly unhindered by the treacherous ice, while i slipped around like a dog on a wet kitchen floor, this i thought must be down to his claws. I knew those runnning shoes would come in handy someday (thanks amy)




I documented the snowmen in billingham on said walk.. (some of which were hillarious) so hillarious in fact that i considered  self publishing snowmen of billingham vol 1.. then thought better of it.



I watched a documentary on the  inca's (which i loved) as im a little obsessed with ancient central american civilizations.

So i discovered even over the nothing much to do christmas period, minus internet access i can  actually be a relatively productive person within my leisure time. That certainly came as a suprise to me. I may well do it more often.. the only downside to this is i couldnt type up yesterdays task yesterday.. so ur getting it today and im now behind in typing up  tho not tasking. fear not.

internet abandoned for the day
task done.

No comments:

Post a Comment